Monday 8 July 2013

Never resorted to comedy that’s crass: Gaurav Gera Of Mrs Pammi Pyarelal

In various telly avatars, actor Gaurav Gera earned many brownie points for sure. Best remembered as Nandu aka Nandan Verma in 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi', Gaurav is Back with another telly innings after his stint in 'Tota Weds Maina'. This time, the player has a bouquet full of surprises for the fans as I dons the guarb of a femme fatal and of course, is leaving no stone unturned to do all more feminine look as Pammi in the upcoming soap 'Mrs Pammi Pyarelal'.

In Ahmedabad for a promotional visit, draped in a fluorescent green saree With All the bling embellished and elegantly making moves while flaunting his err ... her attire, Gaurav Settled for a warm chat to talk acerca his obsession with taking the side of innovation on the small screen. Excerpts:

So what made you take up this role?
This role has been the biggest challenge. And not every player will Readily Take This kind of a role. My only apprehension before a tacit saying yes to the role was Whether the audience would accept me as Pammi. And I Realise Now That it was the right decision as I am getting lot of positive feedback from people who've seen the promos of the show.
How different is this role and character for you?
Pammi is a modern girl so, audiences will get to see her in various outfits reigning from denims, one pieces, skirts, sarees to salwar-kameez as per occasion. And I Realize How difficult it is to get dressed up, it needs lots of patience. It takes At least two hours for my make-up and hair. Also there are a number of touch ups after each shot.

You've always been hopping from one project to another ...
Yes. I have been always occupied in various projects. It is important for an Actor to keep working in showbiz Because if you're out of sight, you're out of mind. And, I love to keep myself involved in. something or the other be it small screen, movies, radio or theater. All the mediums Have Been very satisfying.

Do you feel exhausted this keeping yourself busy?
I never feel stressed out or exhausted. I enjoy what I do. And I have this habit of getting into my own comfort zone. So even if I'm in the middle of getting my make-up done or taking time off from a shot, I will be in my own world making a sudden disconnect to everything happening around. And I Guess that keeps me going.

Associated've only yourself with only comedy on TV? Why?
I've always sorted out on things That I do. When you've spelled your well don'ts list, Become simpler things in every phase of life. Initially, I was working for a fashion house but soon I Realized I am not cut for that role. So, I tried looking for alternative career options and that's how acting happened. Similarly, daily soaps with too much drama are a big no. I can not relate to the negative vibes That a bua shares Within a family and comes up with a deadly plot as she thinks, 'Iske khaane Dungi mein mila Zeher'. Real life is not at all like what is shown in the daily soaps. I guess women love to watch shows with high drama on TV. When it comes to comedy, I have not shown any preference Particularly for slapstick comedy. Nor have I done crass comical stints on TV. I do not understand why I Should acerca feel insecure being stereotyped. When it came to doing movies, I rather did not simply roles and comedy.

So will you don the hat of a producer or manager in near future?
I guess I can not Become a manager who's busy calling the shots. Am sure as a producer I will only end up making revenue Losses (laughs). Main Actor hi theek hoon. Acting lets me explore my inner circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment