Wednesday 3 July 2013

It is time to get married: Karan Wahi

Once-upon-a-time cricketer, now an actor and anchor, Karan Wahi talks about his journey from Delhi to Mumbai and life post Remix.

From acting to anchoring
Karan started his career nine years ago as Ranveer Sisodia in the popular youth Remix romcom. After a few character roles in various serials, I've now moved on to full-time anchoring with shows like Nach Baliye and Indian Idol Junior. I've even hosted Bollywood award functions with Salman Khan and Boman Irani. "I love being an anchor. I miss acting but I'm happy with what I'm doing right now. I have not done much work In These nine years because i do not work for money. I just do what I love . I will not mind getting back to mainstream TV, but not as of now. It's Very difficult for a TV face to be Recognized by Their Own name and today When people know me by my name, it is so satisfying, "says Karan , who was in Lucknow as a celebrity guest at a party.

A big bang debut
Films Have Always been A natural progression for TV actors. However, Karan is somehow wary to take that big leap. "My talks filmy Have Been on for years, but They never seem to materialize.'ve Shut my mouth So acerca that. To make a debut in Bollywood, one definitely wants to do something That Works. I want to work with a renowned Director or a big banner, "I says.

Pyar ke side effects
Karan confesses to not being perfect at relationships. "I have not dated too many girls. All my relationships Have Been very short-lived.'m A very bad boyfriend.'m Just too much into my friends.'ll Choose my friends over my girlfriend nine out of ten times.'m just doing too many things all the time, so I can not give my relationship the time it needs. Now, at 27, you do not fall in love the way you used to fall in love at 21 . Now I can not think of relationships, it is time to get married, "I laughs.

Stumped!
Before venturing into acting, Karan was a budding cricketer. He played for Delhi alongside Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan and is still friends with them. Speaking of his shift from cricket to acting and how I got Remix, I says, "I was so sure that I'd be a cricketer. But I injured myself During The U-19 trials and was extremely demotivated. Cricket then I left, myself enrolled in a marketing course and joined my father's business. "But then life took a 360 degree turn for him. "Since I was into workouts During That Time, my father Suggested That I get a portfolio made. That sheet found its way to some casting directors and I got a call from them asking me to come to Mumbai for an audition. I randomly went even though I had no idea to what the show was all about. was All I Knew That I had auditioned for a character called Ranveer Sisodia. Unexpectedly, I got a call from them 10 days later, informing me that I was selected and had to go to Mumbai. My parents, who had never even allowed me for a night-out, sent me to Mumbai. I signed the contract without even knowing what it was all about. I just Became an Actor by default. I had had no idea how popular Remix was for a long, long time, "I says.

No comments:

Post a Comment